Hi all,

I went to Turkey Lane in Panton, walked down to the shoreline, looked toward the north and did see the Tundra Swans that Ian reported. I saw them at 2:52 p.m. They were way over on the northern edge of White's Bay. They are adults with all black bills. I did some research and found out that only about 10% of the Tundra Swan population does not have any yellow on the bill. I watched them until they picked up, flew north and out of sight which happened at 3:35 p.m. They then returned flying along the shoreline and put down about 100-150 yds from Turkey Lane. That was at 3:52 p.m. I left at 3:55 p.m. They seemed pretty happy there and had started feeding. I think there is a good chance that they "may" stay there this evening and perhaps be there tomorrow morning. Good luck to those of you that try to see them.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead