So jealous!!  I hope some find their way to Mt Tabor, it's been a year since I've enjoyed their "cleets" and cheerful presence.  They were abundant here in the 1990's and I too am wishing for a comeback!   Pam

      From: Mary & Paul <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Friday, November 7, 2014 1:05 PM
 Subject: [VTBIRD] Evening Grosbeaks

Evening Grosbeaks have shown up at my feeders this week with a pair on Tuesday , four yesterday, and this mourning among the snow flakes, a whopping nine. Feels like more than I’ve seen in many years but nothing like the hoards that would descend  on the state back in the 1980’s. Their presence this week though  has me hopeful we’ll see more of them brightening our backyards this winter.

For an added bonus, five Fox Sparrows were seen scratching among the shrubs yesterday, a new backyard high count.

Paul Wieczoreck
Hinesburg