There you go.  It must be at Snowshed.
The park crew doesn't maintain it because they work 2nd shift.  It has to be groomed 3rd shift.

John Bonin

On Nov 13, 2014 9:13 AM, "Mark P. Renson" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Is that what those “pods” were all about at Snowshed?......or that trail that was between the road and the Bloodshed trail itself is more like it.

Mark P. Renson

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 7:45 AM, Skip King <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On 11/13/2014 6:43 AM, Josh A wrote:

> Makes sense to me.  Anyone have experience with this technique?
>
> I remember there being some little features towards the bottom of
> Spruce... I guess this is what they were used for?

TBL is quite the rage at ski areas right now; a growing number of them
are using it. It's a good concept.

But I think it's a stretch to call it new. Killington was using the
basic concept back in the early- to mid-1980s and a fair number of ski
areas have been sculpting features on beginner terrain at least since
then. For all I know, Killington copped the idea from somewhere else,
though it wouldn't surprise me if the idea originated there.
Learn-to-Ski programs were arguably its core marketing focus in the '70s
and '80s (the learn-to-ski weeks could bring in as many as a thousand
new skiers per week, and do the math - 1000 skiers times five days times
four months is up to 100,000 skier days - plus a good shot at a
long-term customer relationship) and there was almost nothing Killington
wouldn't try to make the experience easier and more fun.

Aside from the sophistication of the grooming equipment that makes it
cost effective to set up TBL, what IS new is the formalization of the
approach - and the branding of it.  Someone got clever, and I tip my hat
to 'em.