Thanks to all that responded.

Thanks to the help of Bruno from Costech Analytical in the US we could identify a bad connection of the wires to the board that come from a thermistor that measures the temperature inside the power cabinet close the the transformer as the reason for the TRANS-T error (indicates that transformer temperature is >60C). The other suspects were the fans on the rear side of the insturment but these worked fine.

The results of this bad connection was a reading in the display of the instrument of +236C for the temperature of the transformer, which of course is above the limit of 60C and triggers the alarm. However, the reading stays identical without the thermistor connected to the board so we assumed either a burned/destroyed thermistor (infinity resistance) or simply a bad or no connection of the wires to the board. The resistance of the thermistor measured directly was fine (38kOhm) so we assume it was the latter. After putting everything back into place and ensuring good connection the readings are back to normal.

regards,
Robert