I guess it depends on the attorney. If they are always there during your normal hours and this is the only emergency this year, then I might make an exception. Since I have only two mornings a week and this is the end of the year, guess what I am doing now. Email while I wait for someone to do the work in the vault.  However, if I had the many hours you have for a schedule, I certainly would think twice about it. Marge Peff Sandgate Town Clerk

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Barbara Graham
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Town Clerk's Hours

Hi,

I am throwing this out there mainly for advice as to what other Town Clerks do in this situation.  I am in this office 5 days a week Mon-Thurs 8:00 to 4:00 and Friday 8:00 to 2:00  my hours are posted.  I do have an assistant but she only comes in for Dogs, Elections and Taxes and when I am on vacation.

Today, I didn’t have power at my house like many people I am sure.  I called in saying I would not be in the office unless my power came back on.  I got a call from an attorney at home saying she needed to get into the vault today.  I explained my situation but low and behold, here I am.    What would others have done?  Thank you.

Barbara Graham

Williamstown