Hi  Edith

A great place to start would be the Lightbot app and you can go through
many levels

I might also suggest  Tynker

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tynker.TynkerPremium&hl=en

Depending on where he is at,  a next step might be  the MIT App inventor
program

http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/hour-of-code.html

There are new developers coming on board each month

For example KODABLE is working on one now

http://support.kodable.com/forums/253469-general/suggestions/5973333-create-an-android-version-of-kodable

and according to Scratch  they are working on an Android Version also

http://www.scratchjr.org/about.html

Hope this helps

Lucie