We bought Ainsworth Typing Tutor a LONG time ago, and still use it.  The
middle school tech teacher shifted to Type To Learn one year, complaining
Ainsworth wasn't engaging enough, but he switched back.  I asked him why,
he said the kids get up to speed faster (we shoot for 30wpm in his tech ed
class, then stop working on typing and go on to other stuff).  This is only
anecdotal, of course, but has anyone else based their choice on actual
student outcomes?