I've been reading this thread with great interest and offer my compliments
to all the participants for what has generally been an open-minded dialog.
All to often these kind of discussions become battles between entrenched
perspectives.

Much of the dialog so far has fallen around the limitations posed by a
Chromebook vs a Win/Mac laptop. The question that I ask is this: Which
will benefit your students the most, having access to the very best tool
or learning to do the most with the tool you can afford?

I'll go as far as to say that a student who uses an advanced video editing
tool like Adobe's Premier is no more, and maybe even less likely to be
truly creative in the development of the actual video content than one
using  iMovie, Moviemaker or VirtualDub. Sure, they may produce a slicker
looking movie, but I'd venture to guess they'll get caught up in the
frills to the detriment of the subject matter. I might be impressed when
kids make cool looking movies, but regardless of the cinematic quality I'm
blown away when the topic and content of the movie is truly
thought-provoking.

Hank Plaisted
Director, Information Technology
Rivendell Interstate School District
603.353.2170 x208
fax-353-2189
email: [log in to unmask]
website: www.rivendellschool.org

This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and/or confidentiality requirements. Unauthorized use, disclosure, or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If this email contains student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA, federal regulations require that you destroy this email without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately.