Agreed.  And to say a Chromebook does 90% of what we ask our students to do is also a bit misleading.  Of course we are not routinely teaching our kids how to code, create amazing video PSA's, mix complex audio tracks, or create dynamic iBooks in most of our classrooms.  Why would teachers try to do things like that when their students don't have access to the required technology???

I'd prefer to take a more "If you build it, they will come attitude".  Let's go with the best tool that most fully empowers are students and let's reach for the stars.