Thanks Larry.  Have you ever owned a Macbook Air?  In fact, is there
anybody on this ListServ that has used both a Chromebook and a Macbook Air
for an extended period of time?  I'm obviously biased toward a Mac, since
that is what I use (although I was a lifetime PC user before coming to my
current school).  I am also biased toward Mac because I would love my
students to be able to do serious video editing - which is much more
difficult on a Chromebook.

I really do appreciate everybody's opinions.  It's been a fascinating
discussion.