Student outcomes? What a novel idea! ;-) Too many decisions seem to based on money and convenience.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Robert Wickberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
We bought Ainsworth Typing Tutor a LONG time ago, and still use it.  The middle school tech teacher shifted to Type To Learn one year, complaining Ainsworth wasn't engaging enough, but he switched back.  I asked him why, he said the kids get up to speed faster (we shoot for 30wpm in his tech ed class, then stop working on typing and go on to other stuff).  This is only anecdotal, of course, but has anyone else based their choice on actual student outcomes?