Larry

I would agree 100% about your point in general (how can you evaluate what you haven't tried).

I have also spent time using a CB as my daily driver (and also a linux eeePC in those days).

I am also grateful to BJ and whomever else on this list talked about their experience with the OG CB, the CR-48.

It was only at the suggestion of those folks that got me to try a CB.

I was very skeptical, as were my MS teachers (our 1-1 is aging up with the class of 2018).

In the end, once our budget was in place (first two years essentially unfunded, using former cart laptops) the MS teachers also chose CBs.