If you are having trouble viewing this email, view it on our website
<http://go.uvm.edu/-xfal>

UVM Tower <http://www.uvm.edu> 	The University of Vermont
	From the Office of the President 	December 1, 2014

Campus Photo

      UVM News You Should Know

        Follow these links for important information from offices around
        campus.

        United Way Campaign Underway

United Way

It's not too late to participate in the 2014 UVM United Way Campaign.
Investing in United Way is a solid investment in the future well-being
of the local community, and our collective UVM gifts will get meaningful
results. Continue reading... <http://go.uvm.edu/2jbw9>

        Winter Break Payroll Schedule 2014

Pay Date

As our Winter Break is fast approaching Payroll Services would like to
encourage all those who do not have direct deposit to please sign up as
soon as possible. Additionally we would like for the campus community to
be aware of the payroll schedule during the month of December. Continue
reading... <http://go.uvm.edu/u3wir>

        Save the Date - MLK Celebration 2015

Wil Haygood

Please join us for our Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration,
Education and Learning Events January 14 – January 30, 2015. The keynote
presentation by Wil Haygood, New York Times best-selling author of The
Butler: A Witness to History, Associate Producer of the award-winning
motion picture The Butler and acclaimed Washington Post Reporter, will
be held on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. in Ira Allen Chapel.
Continue reading... <http://go.uvm.edu/ta7vm>

        Submit a Nomination for 2016 Commencement Speaker and Honorary
        Degree Recipients

Commencement

The Honorary Degree Advisory Committee will begin the work of
identifying those candidates who best meet the established criteria to
receive an Honorary Degree and persons to be considered to deliver the
Commencement address in 2016. Nominations are due February 23, 2015.
Continue reading... <http://go.uvm.edu/z6rk4>

        Updated Campus Parking Information for Faculty, Staff and Students

TPS

Review updated parking information from Transportation & Parking
Services during Winter Exam/Semester Break 2014-2015. Continue
reading... <http://uvm.edu/tps>

        Nominations for Grievance Committee Members and Peer Advisors

Grievance Committee

As part of the Grievance and Mediation Policy - Staff (Non-Represented),
Staff Council is now accepting Nominations for non-represented staff to
serve in two important roles as either a member of the Grievance
Committee or Peer Advisor. Continue reading... <http://go.uvm.edu/mq-gn>

        Discounted First Night Burlington Buttons Available in the Staff
        Council Office

First Night

The Staff Council is pleased to offer discounted buttons to First Night
Burlington again this year. Buttons can be purchased in the Staff
Council Office, 313 Waterman. Continue reading... <http://go.uvm.edu/ie9xy>

        Submit a Nomination for the President's Awards

Campus

Its not too late to nominate your colleagues for the Distinguished
Unviersity Citizenship and Service Award and the /Our Common Ground
/Staff Award. Continue reading... <http://go.uvm.edu/kuina>

        Upcoming Events at the UVM Bookstore

Bookstore

Don't miss out on getting cash for your books at the Textbook Buyback
December 4-13. The annual End-of-the-Semester Holiday Sale happens
December 4-12 at the UVM Bookstore in the Davis Center. Receive up to
25% off throughout the store. Continue reading... <http://go.uvm.edu/rqe0->

        UVM Staff Council Holiday Bazaar & Food Drive

Holiday Bazaar

The UVM Staff Council Social Committee will hold the Annual Holiday
Bazaar and Food Drive will be held on Wednesday, December 3, 2014 from
9am - 3pm in the Davis Center, Grand Maple Ballroom. Continue reading...
<http://go.uvm.edu/dfjau>

        Highlights

  * Board of Trustees Meeting Schedule <http://go.uvm.edu/0zlxw>
  * Faculty Senate Meeting Schedule <http://go.uvm.edu/8qv90>
  * Staff Council Meeting Schedule
    <http://www.uvm.edu/%7Estffcncl/?Page=calendarsandmeetings.html&SM=meetingmenu.html>
  * Student Government Association <http://www.uvm.edu/sga/>
  * Recently Updated University Policies and Procedures
    <http://www.uvm.edu/policies/?Page=whatsnew.htm&SM=SubWnewMenu.html>

      For Detailed EVENT Listings Visit:

UVM Bored <http://uvmbored.com/>
This Week <http://go.uvm.edu/o0sep>

        Previous Stories

  * Future of the Vermont Advanced Computing Core <http://go.uvm.edu/ij7qo>
    // <http://go.uvm.edu/4ogw1>
  * CATMA Fall 2014 Employee Transportation Survey
    <http://go.uvm.edu/itxd6>
  * Clean Energy Fund Call for Proposals
    <http://go.uvm.edu/c5p-x>

View other previous stories... <http://go.uvm.edu/q29l6>

/If you would like your announcement included in future editions of News
You Should Know please review the Posting Guidelines
<http://go.uvm.edu/h5vew> then complete the NYSK Online Submission Form
<http://go.uvm.edu/56hpf>./

Twitter <https://twitter.com/GaryDerrUVM>

Follow @GaryDerrUVM <https://twitter.com/GaryDerrUVM> for additional
news and updates.

UVM News You Should Know

--
Gary L. Derr
Vice President for Executive Operations

University of Vermont
347 Waterman Building
Burlington, Vermont 05405

(802) 656-8937 (Office)
(802) 656-9220 (Fax)

UVM is subject to the Vermont Public Records Act and communications to and from this email address, including attachments,are subject to disclosure unless exempted under the Act or otherwise applicable law.

http://www.uvm.edu/president/
http://www.uvm.edu/trustees/