If you are having trouble viewing this email, view it on our website

UVM Tower The University of Vermont
  From the Office of the President December 1, 2014
Campus Photo

UVM News You Should Know

Follow these links for important information from offices around campus.

United Way Campaign Underway

United Way

It's not too late to participate in the 2014 UVM United Way Campaign. Investing in United Way is a solid investment in the future well-being of the local community, and our collective UVM gifts will get meaningful results. Continue reading...

Winter Break Payroll Schedule 2014

Pay Date

As our Winter Break is fast approaching Payroll Services would like to encourage all those who do not have direct deposit to please sign up as soon as possible. Additionally we would like for the campus community to be aware of the payroll schedule during the month of December. Continue reading...

Save the Date - MLK Celebration 2015

Wil Haygood

Please join us for our Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration, Education and Learning Events January 14 – January 30, 2015. The keynote presentation by Wil Haygood, New York Times best-selling author of The Butler: A Witness to History, Associate Producer of the award-winning motion picture The Butler and acclaimed Washington Post Reporter, will be held on Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. in Ira Allen Chapel. Continue reading...

Submit a Nomination for 2016 Commencement Speaker and Honorary Degree Recipients

Commencement

The Honorary Degree Advisory Committee will begin the work of identifying those candidates who best meet the established criteria to receive an Honorary Degree and persons to be considered to deliver the Commencement address in 2016. Nominations are due February 23, 2015. Continue reading...

Updated Campus Parking Information for Faculty, Staff and Students

TPS

Review updated parking information from Transportation & Parking Services during Winter Exam/Semester Break 2014-2015. Continue reading...

Nominations for Grievance Committee Members and Peer Advisors

Grievance
                          Committee

As part of the Grievance and Mediation Policy - Staff (Non-Represented), Staff Council is now accepting Nominations for non-represented staff to serve in two important roles as either a member of the Grievance Committee or Peer Advisor. Continue reading...

Discounted First Night Burlington Buttons Available in the Staff Council Office

First Night

The Staff Council is pleased to offer discounted buttons to First Night Burlington again this year. Buttons can be purchased in the Staff Council Office, 313 Waterman. Continue reading...

Submit a Nomination for the President's Awards

Campus

Its not too late to nominate your colleagues for the Distinguished Unviersity Citizenship and Service Award and the Our Common Ground Staff Award. Continue reading...

Upcoming Events at the UVM Bookstore

Bookstore

Don't miss out on getting cash for your books at the Textbook Buyback December 4-13. The annual End-of-the-Semester Holiday Sale happens December 4-12 at the UVM Bookstore in the Davis Center. Receive up to 25% off throughout the store. Continue reading...

UVM Staff Council Holiday Bazaar & Food Drive

Holiday Bazaar

The UVM Staff Council Social Committee will hold the Annual Holiday Bazaar and Food Drive will be held on Wednesday, December 3, 2014 from 9am - 3pm in the Davis Center, Grand Maple Ballroom. Continue reading...

Highlights

For Detailed EVENT Listings Visit:

UVM Bored
[log in to unmask]" alt="This Week" style="align-left; border: 0px solid ; margin-right: 16px; width: 175px; height: 32px;">

Previous Stories

View other previous stories...

If you would like your announcement included in future editions of News You Should Know please review the Posting Guidelines then complete the NYSK Online Submission Form.

Twitter

Follow @GaryDerrUVM for additional news and updates.
UVM News You Should Know

--
Gary L. Derr
Vice President for Executive Operations

University of Vermont
347 Waterman Building
Burlington, Vermont 05405

(802) 656-8937 (Office)
(802) 656-9220 (Fax)

UVM is subject to the Vermont Public Records Act and communications to and from this email address, including attachments,are subject to disclosure unless exempted under the Act or otherwise applicable law.

http://www.uvm.edu/president/
http://www.uvm.edu/trustees/