The Harlequin Duck is still here as I write this. I've been watching it
swim and preen for the past 45 minutes. The young woman at the small
station (not main building) was kind enough to let me park in the lot at
the Ferry to look for this bird (I was totally upfront about my purpose).

I found the Harlequin in with 40 Mallards essentially right where Paul saw
them - on the little piece of shore at the end of the breakwater that is
south of the ferry slips. I began watching it from the bottom of the shed
(by the employee only parking), but due to the light and location of the
Harlequin I walked up to the to of the shed and had an excellent view right
down on the group - which also included one Herring Gull and one
Ring-billed Gull.

The ducks were preening and feeding - though I never saw the Harlequin
feed.

Good luck to any who come try for this lovely duck. I got oodles of photos
and will share a few once I've a chance to pull them off my camera sometime
tomorrow.

Happy Birding,
Isis