     There are plenty of Zebra Mussels for it to eat on Lake Champlain.

  --
Ron Payne
  Middlebury, VT

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 09:49:30 -0500, LGarrepy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I sure hope your Harlequin Duck fairs better than the one we had on the
Oswego River last year. It was an extremely cold winter and the
shallower waters froze. Apparently the duck starved to death, as the
fish in the deeper waters were too large to eat. I was lucky enough to
see it two days before it seccumbed.

<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

  > > The Harlequin Duck is here near theGrand Isle ferry in a group of
Mallards, but not at the ferry dock. Before the blinking yellow light
across from the big White House with all the windows.