The white throated sparrow with the white crown has been at my feeders
since 12/11.  A photo has eluded me, but I have gotten close enough to
get a good look at his head.  He is not leucristc, but featherless with
white scales.  When I first posted this bird, Kaye Danforth who lives
near by, emailed to say she had a similar white throated sparrow with a
white crown that appeared to be scales at her feeder shortly before my
first report.

He was here several times today and appears to be settling in. Yesterday
he was aggressive towards a titmouse that tried to feed on the ground.
He doesn't seem to be thinking of going anywhere.

Happy New year and good birding in 2015

Liz Lee
Hinesburg