     Just to clarify, Otter Creek Rd. is North of Rt. 17.

  We spotted a falcon zooming around a stand of trees flying away from
us. When it turned back into the wind, we got a great look at the
underwing showing the dark armpits, light brown back color. Yup,
Prairie Falcon. Life bird check. It then perched atop a tree where Ian
got some documentary pictures of it. After a short while, it flew to
the west across a field where it spooked a flock of Horned Larks.

  At this time, Ian sent his message out and called a couple of people.
After about ten minutes, I noticed a raptor perched on the ground in
the field behind the stand of trees. As I got my scope on it and it
took off and revealed itself to be the Prairie Falcon.  It took a
lackadaisical run at some Mourning doves in the shrubs beneath the
stand of trees, then flew up and perched atop them again. It may have
an affinity for those trees, so if I were to go looking, that would be
the first place I would check. I've marked that location on this map:

  https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zL9YjlTgT3FA.kxOEk_UcGVN4

  --
Ron Payne
Middlebury, VT

The Prairie Falcon discovered by Rodney Olsen yesterday afternoon has