I thought I noticed that in David Hoag's photo, but couldn't tell for sure. Sarah Rosedahl
www.srosedahl.com

      From: Alison Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 5:57 PM
 Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Yellow-headed Blackbird

THANKS to everyone's posts, which encouraged me to take a field trip this
afternoon.  And especially to Sarah for sharing her yard life-bird!

And it was there from 3:30 until 4:15!  I had very satisfying looks!  When
the cowbirds flew off and left it alone in the willow tree, I heard a few
chip calls!

Using my scope for extra close satisfaction, I noticed its beak was never
quite closed.  And the lower mandible looked to be a tad longer than the
upper.  Did anyone else see this?

Ali
Huntington