On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 15:10:35 -0500, Alex Friend <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Justnotthin,
>
>It wasn't true BC, but last Saturday (the 13th) I went to the Bolton nordic trails--the hilly ones--and they were mostly fine. We went up to the cabin, then around Birch Loop and down Gardiner's Lane. Snow was great. There were a few trees down, including a couple that had been cut and moved off the trail, but I did not see widespread destruction.
>
>As you will be,
>Alex

Good to know.  I hear the Underhill area faired well also, in comparison.

At the select board meeting this week, the Huntington road crew reports that there's an additional two months of work -- flat out on top of regular winter maintenance -- just from this storm.  Early estimates for the state are coming in at 4 million + , I think...?  It's a lot more for agriculture operations like Taft or Maple Wind Farms.  I heard the figure 800 bucks for propane heating by generator for 6 days for a medium/large 4 bedroom house.

'98, duly noted, Jim.

--Justin