We are very happy with our patron counter.

Here is the request I sent out to a variety of places:
_______________________

I run a small hospital library which is open to hospital staff 24 hours/day. I would like to purchase a patron counter which meets the following requirements:

1. directional
2. keeps, at a minimum, hourly counts
3. transmits data to my library office computer OR stores data for at least a one-week period which can then be manually downloaded to a USB device (i.e. I am not interested in a counter that has to be read visually)
4. is within our under-$500 budget

Only one met my requirements: EZ People Counters, Robert Rossi ([log in to unmask]).

He's a one-person business, but was great to deal with, and the product, which I've had for a couple of years, does exactly what I want it to do. The interface takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm not sure they all don't and my data needs weren't so extensive that I have to be in it that much.

-Andrea

Andrea Rudner, MLS
Medical Librarian
Fournarakis Medical Library