Mary Ann, If you have a charter you can propose a charter change.  We did
and now for local elections we only count the declared write-in candidate
votes.  Annette

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mary Ann Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 11:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Declaring Slate when there are no contested races

Remember a few years ago when we were supporting the idea that a write in
candidate had to declare his/her intention to run 24 hours before the
voting?  I still think it is a good idea.

Like you, I am tired of counting the same recurring one-name write in for
every position on the ballot.  I also like your idea of not having to tally
those names if the number of votes is less than the person on the ballot.
Can we do that?

Mary Ann Wilson

Town Clerk and Treasurer

Town of Morristown