January webinar: Community Level Tree Risk Management

View this email in your browser

VT Urban & Community Forestry

Webinar Series

January Webinar

Community Level Tree Risk Management

Thursday, January 29th, 12-1pm EST

Risk is about uncertainty and it is managed over time by implementing long-term, non-reactive policies. Using Vermont-based examples, Mark Duntemann will discuss the management of tree risk at the community level. He will provide strategies that have the goal of maintaining a healthy, expanding, and safe community forest system while reducing the potential for harm to people and property.

Mark Duntemann founded Natural Path Urban Forestry Consultants in 1988. Mark is an ISA Board-Certified Master Arborist, an ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification instructor, and a former Tree Warden for the City of Montpelier. Mark presented on this topic at the 2014 Vermont Tree Stewards Conference and we found it so relevant that we asked that he present it in webinar format to reach a wider audience.

This webinar is free.  For more information and to register click here.

Next month:

Tree Ordinances, Policies, and the VT Tree Warden Statutes
Thursday, February 26th, 12-1pm EST
Presenter: Danielle Fitzko, Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program

This webinar series is coordinated by the Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program, a collaborative program of the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks, & Recreation and University of Vermont Extension. We strive to lead citizens, businesses, and governments in understanding the value of urban and community forests and to promote civic responsibility for and participation in the stewardship of these resources for this and future generations.

Copyright © 2015 Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program, All rights reserved.
You received this email because you subscribed to TREEmail, formerly The Town Green. You may unsubscribe or change your preferences at any time. The Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program does not share, rent or sell private information to third parties.

Our mailing address is:

Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program

1 National Life Drive

Davis 2

Montpelier, VT 05620-3801

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences