Hi Everyone,

I put the request for info on Muninet too. Here is the response I received
from the VSARA. Thanks for your help.

Dear Dawn, and the list,

First, to answer your question, Vermont Law Books are covered by
Disposition Order 9773.01, which states the disposition as “After one year
offer to local schools, libraries, and local historical society before
destruction by recycling” (
https://www.sec.state.vt.us/media/458875/DO_MunicipalClerks.pdf, 3rd
page).  So if none of those organizations are interested in taking the
materials, you are welcome to destroy old state law books that have met
that retention period.

I’m not familiar with what exactly an Agricultural Yearbook is, but if it
is a publication of the state than it is not considered a municipal
record.  The Vermont Department of Libraries generally maintains state
publications, so copies of those publications provided to municipalities
would be purely for the convenience of the city or town.

Second, I should introduce myself to the listserv, as I am a new employee
here at VSARA.  My name is Steven Dibelius, and I am the new Chief Records
Officer at the Vermont State Archives and Records Administration.  I will
be working on policy and schedule development at VSARA, as well as
supporting state agencies and municipalities in the implementation of
records management programs.  I am available to any of you with questions
you might have regarding public records.

Also new at VSARA, Nicholas Connizzo ([log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) recently joined as our Digital
Records Archivist.  Nick will be working on the implementation of an
electronic record archive, as well as policies focused on electronic
records.

If you need to contact anyone at VSARA for guidance regarding public
records, we encourage you to [log in to unmask]<mailto:
[log in to unmask]>, as that mailbox is monitored by multiple people (in
case an individual is out-of-the-office).  And further information on
records management can be found on our website (
https://www.sec.state.vt.us/archives-records/records-management.aspx).
Thanks, and have a great 2015!

Sincerely,
Steven

Steven Dibelius, CRM CIP
Chief Records Officer
Vermont State Archives & Records Administration
1078 U.S. Route 2, Middlesex
Montpelier, VT 05633-7701
802-828-5026

Dawn Custer