Hello Fellow Clerks:

I’m a tabulator town and I was wondering do any of you take advantage of 17 V.S.A. 2682 which allows for declaring the slate of candidates when the same number of persons are nominated for any town office as there are positions to be filled?  The statute indicates that in this case individual tallies looking for write-ins do not need to be done.  We received an Elections Bulletin dated June 23, 2014 with this information appearing under “Local Election Changes”.

Thanks,

Barbara A. Courchesne

Town Clerk/Town Treasurer

Delinquent Tax Collector

Town of Springfield

96 Main Street

Springfield, VT 05156

802-885-2104 phone

802-885-1617 fax

Disclosure:  Written communication to and from Town officials regarding Town business are considered public records and will be available to the public for review.