I agree, this is how I see it too.  The tabulator would tell us if there were enough write-ins in a race to overcome the nominated candidate and if at all close, then tally that race.  Our review at the end of the night for voter intent would be streamlined with write-ins for declared slates out of the way.  I usually defer to Will but I’m not so sure about his response, I think in a hand count town you don’t know what your write in totals are until you count every single ballot, a tabulator town has a good estimate on the tape write away.

But all this makes for good discussion if it helps us with the end of the night.

Barbara A. Courchesne

Town Clerk/Town Treasurer

Delinquent Tax Collector

Town of Springfield