I too, have replaced these. As Will mentioned, there doesn't appear to be a
cost effective way to repair vs. replace even when I was going to do the
work myself.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 9:38 AM, Will Hatch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I've replace almost every Smartboard projector due to dead pixels.
> Fortunately, most were under warranty.  I've not found a way to repair them
> in a cost effective way.  We've moved to Epson Brightlink interactive
> projectors.
>
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 9:35 AM, Minelli, John <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> We have a smartboard projector in our building that looks as though it
>> has "measles" - several dark spots throughout the image field. It is not a
>> lens or bulb issue. I called Smart and they diagnosed it as a DLP chip
>> problem. The projector is out of warranty.
>>
>> I have been having a few problems with the company Smart recommends for
>> projector repair. Communication issues - getting information to proceed
>> with the repair.
>>
>> Could anyone suggest a company locally or anywhere really, that repairs
>> SmartBoard projectors?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> john
>>
>> --
>> John Minelli
>> Curriculum and Technology Coordinator
>> Marion Cross School
>> 22 Church Street
>> Norwich, VT 05055
>> Office: (802) 649 - 1703 x212
>> Cell: (603) 715-0629

> --
> Will Hatch
> Information Technology
> Addison Northwest Supervisory Union
> anwsu.org/helpdesk

I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule, not to bewail, not to scorn
human actions, but to understand them.

—Baruch Spinoza

--
Benson Village School <http://benson.arsu.org>
***PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments,