Thanks to Sigrid.  Much appreciated.  May i add the following?
  1. It's not us against them; it is us against IT!  The struggle for the end of capitalism with the concomitant struggle for science to be for people is just that: a struggles against a form of social and economic organization and for popular recognition of the evil it engenders.  It may be convenient to focus one's attacks on the persons who are instruments of this system; but that will not lead to its destruction and will likely lead to attitudes of hate and repression among those who will build the new society and lessen the likelihood they will build a positive alternative.  Likewise the goods and services produced under the system are not one-dimensional.  A useful medication may be produced under "cost-cutting" circumstances that introduce dangerous contaminants.  A labor saving device or technique may be incorporated into the arsenal of the military used to maintain dominance of US imperialism.

  2. We are all part of the capitalist machine.  Today's capitalism is hegemonic in the broadest sense of the word in that it makes it impossible for those who live under it to survive without participating in it.  It was a teenager who pointed out to me years ago when i was a factory worker that when i punched in at the factory i was part of the grand machine of capitalism.  It behooves those of us who struggle for a society, in which the primary motivation is love for our species rather than the profit motive, to look at our own relation to the dominant system, not to feel guilt but to understand that the enemy is it.  For it is only when that consciousness is widespread and we all refuse to punch in that we humans can break the chains of the capitalist system and find forms of organization based on the preservation of our species and the planet which we occupy

  3. Humans are not one-dimensional.  Our species has the capacity to love and to hate, to destroy and create, to be self centered as individuals or to be species centered in our collectivity.  The manner in which those of us struggle for an end to the increasingly dysfunctional capitalist system will have considerable influence on the kind of post capitalist society that will be built by the generation that succeeds in that struggle.  Let us not imagine our struggle to be just for the defeat of capitalism; it must also be for the consciousness that will build a more human oriented society.