On Jan 24, 2015, at 5:00 PM, Mitchel Cohen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:At 06:25 PM 1/24/2015, you wrote:
According to a program on KQED yesterday, one of the groups with a large number of vaccine refusers are holders of advanced degrees. What is the process of educating fools?
First step is to listen to what those so-called "fools" are saying, and see if you can successfully rebutt their concerns and understand them even if you disagree.
There are actually several issues rolled into one:
1) Mandatory vs. Optional vaccination
2) What else is in the vaccines?
3) Effectiveness of different types of vaccines
4) Is this spike representative of a general "comeback" of measles in the U.S. or of a longterm cycle?
5) The history of measles vaccine in the U.S.
> On Jan 24, 2015, at 1:49 PM, herb fox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Mitchel Cohen's book, "What Is Direct Action? Lessons from (and to) Occupy Wall Street" (foreword by Richard Wolff) (596 pages). Get it now!
Check out http://www.MitchelCohen.com
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. by Mitchel Cohen
- ON PHIL OCHS, MALCOLM X, & JE SUIS CHARLIE by Stan Rogouski
- PROTESTERS, COPS & THE MAYOR -- the movement to end violence by police sweeps across the country (Mitchel Cohen, Dave Zirin, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Black Agenda Reports Dr. R. Marsha Coleman-Adebayo, Glen Ford, Bruce Dixon; CommonDreams Abby Zimet; Max Blumenthal, Sam Mintrani); Hey, Guess what? Another FOX-News Twistory: No one ever said 'Kill a Cop!'
- WHY I HATE THANKSGIVING by Mitchel Cohen
- AUDIO: Listen to poems by Mitchel Cohen: "The Permanent Carnival," and "In Memoriam: For Fallen Comrades"
- IS VIOLENCE IN YOUR GENES? Genetic Racism & Biological Determinism, by Mitchel Cohen
There is a crack, a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.
~ Leonard Cohen
Realize that little things lead to bigger things ... And theres a wonderful parable in the New Testament: The sower scatters seeds. Some seeds fall in the pathway and get stamped on, and they dont grow. Some fall on the rocks, and they dont grow. But some seeds fall on fallow ground, and they grow and multiply a thousandfold. Who knows where some good little thing that youve done may bring results years later that you never dreamed of.
~ Pete Seeger