No new or refurbished probe on the horizon. That would be too easy.
New question would be if an exam is repeated due to machine limitations do both exams get paid for?
And is the second one absorbed by the patient?

-----Original Message-----
From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Audrey Fleming
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2015 11:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: probes and body habitus

This sounds like justification to buy a second curved linear. Problem solved.

 Subject: probes and body habitus
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date: Friday, January 9, 2015, 11:28 AM

 Would anyone be able
 to recommend a scheduling screening question that could be  used for two separate labs handling all vascular patients  with one lab having
  only a linear probe and the other with both the linear and  the curved?  My question arises from the obvious  limitations when encountering morbidly obese patients at the  lab that only has a linear probe. Clearly when scheduling an  aorto-iliac exam the choice
  is simple. But it would be nice to avoid inconveniencing  the patients who will show up at the linear probe only lab  and need to have their exam rescheduled (after a full  attempt to complete a whole exam of course) at the lab with  depth penetration.  My inconvenience
  is hardly worth mentioning, I work, therefore I get paid so  you know that’s all good but I’ve seen the eyes of the  weight challenged when you tell them your study is  incomplete and must be repeated on a more robust machine.
 It’s a drag.  But then, it’s possible
  I’m over thinking this.

 Height and weight
 would be available in each patient’s chart but are there  any recommended parameters out there to suggest as  guidelines?

 I will now research
 the depth limitations of the linear probe  J

 Thanks ahead for
 your cumulative heads being together for our  cause!
 Annie Davis,
 RVT

 To unsubscribe or search other topics on UVM Flownet link
 to: