From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Schneider, Joseph MD
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: calipers to measure reflux time

Received a response from IAC critical of our venous studies because we don't use the electronic calipers to measure reflux time.  We don't because the time scale is easily seen on the spectrum and the physician can use that as well as the sonographer can, because having to make this measurement on say 30 spectra collected on a bilateral LE reflux exam would add unnecessary sonographer time to the exam, and because we're not even sure that the iU22 will measure time. I have never seen time measured using the electronic calipers on any duplex exam. Does anyone else do this? On what type of scanner?
Thanks
Joe

Joseph R. Schneider, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.S., R.V.T., R.P.V.I.
Vascular Surgery and Interventional Radiology Partners/VSIR
Cadence Physician Group