Just curious. If you have reflux that goes on and on, how do you document that? If it is obviously say >5 sec., do you just do a measurement on a single spectral image from the point of augmentation (say X amount of sec.) then report it as >5 sec. which obviously is abnormal.

There is someone who used continuous as a criteria, because the IAC had issue with that documentation. It was apparent by the spectrum that the reflux exceeded the required time for clinically significant disease, but the criticism was the term continuous vs. an absolute time (obtained by calipers).

Thanks for your help with trying to get the correct terminology.

Paula

From: Steven Knight <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: calipers to measure reflux time

We routinely measure reflux time with our GE E9 machines by means of electronic calipers. We had them make a quantity button for us so it really doesn’t had much time to our protocol.

Steve Knight BSc RVT RDCS
Senior Vascular Technologist

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
CardioVascular Institute
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery

110 Francis Street
Boston, MA 02215

(617) 632-9962 Phone
(617) 632-7977 Fax
www.bidmc.org

BIDMC logo[log in to unmask]" border="0" data-id="7c908ed1-6556-57c8-9dc8-61ec2aeaac21">