When I got to the mountain, it was freezing out.   There was about 4 inches
of fresh snow.  It skied nicely, but the frozen stuff underneath every now
and then would let you know it was there.    We dabbled a bit with the
woods, but I am not feeling comfortable at this point.  Having had so
friends that got injured last year,  I am still a bit spooked.

Through out the day, the snowguns were blasting Lift Line.  So we avoided
that part of the mountain.  In the afternoon we decided to take a ride up
the quad.  Looking down from the chair at Lift Line we could see nobody had
skied it.  The only people we could see on the trail were the snow makers
moving hoses and redirecting the guns.

So the Scribe and I decided to give it a chance.  We entered from Upper
Lift Line which with the fresh snow skied nicely.  When we got to the
Haychute the snowguns began.  We decided to stay skiers right to stay on
the edges of the snowgun's blast.   We were afraid if we got too close to
the deep manmade snow it would suck us in our skis and coat our goggles
with ice.  As we skied down we found our fears were unwarranted.  The deep
manmade was fantastic!   It was extremely creamy.  You never felt the hard
crust underneath.   I had one of the best runs on Lift Line that I ever had
in my life.   It was so good we went back for more.   On subsequent runs we
went right under the snowguns blast.  There were moments where you lost
vision but it would come back quickly,  it was like flying through clouds.
Our goggles remained clear. The snow make whales were huge but easy to
navigate.    We would have kept looping on Lift Line but the mountain was
closing.

I hope this post did not cause anyone to roll their eyes so far back that
their eyes got stuck in the back of their head.   I know to many of you
being told that the manmade snow made for amazing skiing is akin to being
told that I saw Lake Champlain's Champ.  For the record, I do not believe
in Champ and Lift Line was amazing yesterday.