On, that is.  At least in the high elevation backcountry, on the wrong side
of the ridge from the car. ~40" at the stake, 3-5" on top of the stout(no,
not toutS) ice base.  Went alone on an exploratory, hoping to find unicorns
and did, ones that let me ride them down the mountain.  4 runs, each one
further along the ridge until I finally intersected a rather well known run
half way down, which had not been skied either. An occasional scrape on the
steeper pitches, that was ice each time, never rock or log, but it was
enough to keep me cautious, what with being alone and on the wrong side and
cold, ~12 degrees in the lot.