On, that is.  At least in the high elevation backcountry, on the wrong side of the ridge from the car. ~40" at the stake, 3-5" on top of the stout(no, not toutS) ice base.  Went alone on an exploratory, hoping to find unicorns and did, ones that let me ride them down the mountain.  4 runs, each one further along the ridge until I finally intersected a rather well known run half way down, which had not been skied either. An occasional scrape on the steeper pitches, that was ice each time, never rock or log, but it was enough to keep me cautious, what with being alone and on the wrong side and cold, ~12 degrees in the lot.