Wait 5 minutes.  That's what you're supposed to do if you don't like the weather in VT.

Saturday was too cold. Woke up to -5 at the house.  Forecasts for 3000' put the windchill below -40.  Let Sonya make me pancakes for the first time ever. Ate slowly, and enjoyed the french press a couple of times. Still too cold.Luckily there was ~3" of snow at my house, and vast, hilly horse pastures just uphill of it.  Perfect for leather boots, 3-pins, and an old pair of Fisher Rebounds. I spent 3 hours repeatedly running up and laying esses down side-by-side on 5 of the hillsides in the pastures. One day I'm going to have to head up there with the goal of turns down every one of the hills.  Took one fall. Bad idea on so little snow.  Jammed my  right middle finger into the ground. It is triiiple it's normal size. As a Brooklynite, that might come in handy.

Sunday-Well, if Saturday is too cold, than Sunday will be too warm.  And even so, conditions will suck.  On the map, Smuggs was horrendous-- frozen groomer tracks, or glare ice, or moonscape.  Saturday's winds had taken their toll. Off the map was sketchy since the snow had been getting scraped down and all the downed wood from the December storm was poking out. 5 runs and I went home.

Monday- Part 1: Wet storm. Everything was open at Smuggs. They claimed 5" on the snow report but there was clearly more. There wasn't enough snow to keep you off the ice on the steep bit, but places where the angle kicked back a little were creamy.  Skied with Tawny B and Alex F. Did six runs on the map before heading off the map. One run down The Ear was ok but not great, as it had already been tracked.
Part 2:Dry storm. I swear the surface of the snow changed in the course of 5 minutes. It had been snowing all morning and the temps had dropped so that the new snow was drier. Decided to try Geriatric and we struck gold. Relatively light snow, all but untracked, and the slightly mellower pitch kept the skis from touching the bottom.  By this point, the snow was easily 10" deep and much more delightful than earlier. Every line we chose seemed to be practically untouched, despite the fact that it was already past 1.  We went back for more. Until I ran out of time.  Got home way later than I had promised.  But still in time to divert Sonya's attention while Amy made a can't-miss conference call. If I had waited 5 more minutes to leave, the climate at home would have been pretty ugly.