Interesting little debate here between Skip and Matt.  On the one hand,
I agree 100% with Skip.  However, as someone who has sent their kid off
to strange lands to ski race train, I've trusted that the coaches and
handlers are advising them of many things, including dangers.  And if
the coaches and handlers aren't providing appropriate regional advice,
then I agree with Matt.

But I am sure this is not their first trip to Europe, nor their first
off piste skiing in Europe.  At their level, I am certain they've spent
a lot of time in Europe and I would find it hard to believe skiing off
piste and its dangers would be new to them.  Hopefully Nate Vinton
wasn't implying they got *wrong* advice.

I also agree it's a heartbreaking tragedy.  I've been at a few USCSA
races since this happened.   Lots of kids with the "RIP RB and BA" and
similar notes on their helmets (including my daughter's).  Every time
I'd see one, I'd get choked up knowing that many of those USCSA kids had
raced with and against Ronnie and Bryce in their USSA/FIS days - but
those two had made it to that next level (where many of them wanted to
get to) and now they are gone in an instant.  I can't imagine the
anguish and pain the families are experiencing.

Brad