The kids must have had lift tickets, so the coaches must have known they were skiing.  I would be surprised if the coaches didnít know the kids were off skiing somewhere, as free skiing is an important part of race training.  On the map, the area they were in was close to the lift, and probably looked really inviting.  Itís easy for me to imagine a coach saying, ďok, go take a few runs to warm up/warm down.  Itís hard for me to imagine also that these kids werenít out free skiing every minute they could, I know I sure would have if I was 19 or 20 and racing in Europe.  The only way I would not be skiing every free second I could would be if I were  dÖ..oops, donít mean to be tasteless here.  But if these coaches didnít know these kids were off skiing all the time, and didnít tell them about the hazards at least once, especially when the danger is considerable, then perhaps these guys should coach Masters.

I wonder if they even had beacons etc to use if they wanted them.

Mike

Life is worth living.