Forgot the great music, Dave. Starline Rhythm Boys were playing some great tunes in the pub as usual.
Free samples were out on the deck earlier in the day but had to move inside when the samples of flavored milk were too thick to pour.
Yes it was a little cold but a great ski day. Come rain, ice, cold, wind, sun or snow I will be back there next year.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Guertin
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] $3.50 lift tickets at MRG tomorrow

It was good, if cold, fun. I skied from 9:00-3:30, when I decided that one more run was only going to make the budding frostbite worse. The crowds were non-existent. Sure, it was busy for a weekday, but the longest wait to get on the lift was about 2 minutes. At mid-day the bar was full, the Base Box was full, and the ski racks were full, but the mountain was pleasantly uncrowded. Did I mention it was cold?

We enjoyed lots of free samples from local food producers, including maple-coated almonds, maple cream crackers, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, yeksihw, etc. etc.

I skied the morning with Mike T. and his friends, and then the rest of the day with Chris S. and our friend Brenda. At 9:00 it as looking bleak, with nary a snowflake to be seen, and hard, scrapy conditions.
Groomers were the order of the early day. At 9:30 the first flakes were spotted, and for the rest of the day, it fell steadily. At the same time, the wind picked up, and for most of the afternoon it was howling pretty good, so that the snow wasn't so much "falling" as traveling horizontally very fast. Also, the temperature plummeted throughout the day, so that a relatively pleasant 10° F early on was down to -2° F by the end of the day. I have no idea what the wind chill was -- enough to frostbite noses and cheeks.

But where the snow was deposited, it was great. Run of the day was Lower Antelope, which I did a record (for me) three times. (I tried for a fourth, but at 3:30 patrol had already closed the trail.) Birdland was also skiing really nicely, with a few inches of new snow over a groomed base, which was lots of fun. I tried one late day run of Fall Line, which ranged from very good where the new snow had collected, to downright awful where it hadn't.

Finished off with reebs and warm conversation in the pub

All in all, a fun day of skiing and a great day to play hookie.

Dave G.