Google updates the OS frequently and I can almost guarantee there will be an update to the OS between now and June.  These are not simple browser updates, these are OS updates which include security and system stability updates.  Also, Adobe Flash is updated as part of the OS.  If we lock down the updates to please the SBAC gods we could be opening ourselves up to security breaches and/or missing out on a Flash update that would break functionality of websites our educators use in their classrooms.

I can accept a short window where we need to lock down the updates, but I don’t believe it to be good practice to lock them down for months.

The SBAC gods will need to start testing the Beta and/or Dev Channels to assure they can stay ahead of the curve.

Mike

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Michael Vining, SB IT Support
South Burlington School District