Folks in the New England area, consider presenting at the second annual Hip Hop Summit sponsored by the UConn Hip Hop Collective. They have partnered with NEAG, School of Education to put on an amazing event, and would like you to participate! The theme for the 2015 Summit is “Hip Hop and Social Activism.”

“The Collective, is a student-run organization at the University of Connecticut that strives to empower, educate and inspire the community through exposure of the Hip Hop culture. We focus on showcasing Hip Hop as an art form and outlet for self-expression. The purpose of our annual Summit is to promote community engagement, fellowship, cultural awareness and positive self-expression among the UConn community by bringing together scholars, artists, activists, and students to engage one another creatively, collectively, and intellectually.

The Collective is hosting an Education Conference in conjunction with the NEAG School of Education on Saturday, April 18, 2015. We are looking for professors, students, teachers, community leaders – essentially, anyone who interested in presenting at the conference! “

Please click the link below to submit a proposal, and also please share with friends and colleagues!

https://docs.google.com/a/uconn.edu/forms/d/1Q2JihBY4qsYSwib4TI4017S-fnMl2Kvrz8PeO-D1D-U/viewform