HI Elliot,

Yep, that's a leak somewhere.  What's the He pressure on the Conflo?
Also, if you put the dilution on, does the level of the leak drop
appropriately?  IF the He pressure is fine for the conflo, and diluting
the flow from the TCEA reduces the m/z 40 or 28 signal appropriately,
then, then it's probably not a leak going to the mass spec.

Check the flow to the conflo.  If that looks fine, then if possible,
hook up another device or even a He tank (use valve to adjust flow to
ca. 50 to 200 mL min) to the input port for the conflo.  If you've been
running phosphates, you can gum up the splitter valve inside the
Conflo.   That can give high backgrounds.  It's a pain, but that can be
taken out and cleaned.  And while your doing that, try Bethany's TCEA
pressure test.

take care,

gerry