Computer-savvy isogeochemists:

We have an Isoprime that we are developing for dual inlet analysis of CO2 in air. Since we need a lot of valves, we are using an RS232 device to control the ports on our flask manifold. However, I'm having trouble sending commands to the device within the IonVantage code.

The commands to the relay look something like this:
254 108 1

But if I do this

output1="254 108 1"
oMSComm.Output=output1

Then it sends asci characters. The device only recognizes bytes.

I can send the characters as bytes
output1=CByte(254)
output2=CByte(108)
output3=CByte(1)

oMSComm.Output=output1
oMSComm.Output=output2
oMSComm.Output=output3

 but the device really wants the bytes at the same time.

If I use the "+" sign, the code adds them, and commas, ampersands, and spaces don't work. Should I create an array? I appreciate any advice you can offer, I am very much a novice here.

thank you!
Sylvia