Wanted: Lab and field operations manager to work in the Seagrass Ecosystems Research Laboratory at Florida International University in Miami.

We're looking for a lab manger with boating, diving, and laboratory chemical analysis skills for our lab that concentrates on carbon and nutrient cycling in shallow coastal marine ecosystems and the ecology of seagrass ecosystems. This is a full-time, grant-funded position with full benefits, at a rate of $35k/yr. Minimum qualifications: Master’s degree in marine science or related discipline; or a bachelor’s degree in and appropriate specialization and one year of experience. Specialized college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Experience with boating, scientific diving, and laboratory analysis of carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus content of environmental samples will be a big plus. Criminal background check will be a condition of employment.

Interested parties, please contact Jim Fourqurean at [log in to unmask]. Further information about our lab can be found at http://seagrass.fiu.edu.