wow, such a great thread, brings back some memoriesÖ..Iím not sure when Mallory got faster than me.  I know for sure that I could still beat her when she was 14 in 2001 when we won the father/daughter category at the family race at MRG.  And was it really 20 years ago there was this snow day?  I think the kids were 8 and 6.  There was bunch of light fluffy snow, no school.  We went to SB south, and it was a bit tricky.  A lot of snow, but it was light, and it was over icy bumps.  We were skiing down, and bumped into a friend who said that they had groomed Lower Castlerock run, so off we went.  It was untracked when we got there, and, well just perfect.  Shaina, 6, just loved falling in the snow.  I can see her falling sideways into a big pile of snow with her hands out laughing and saying
'Itís like big pillows." Then I looked up and Mallory was just ripping down, she had just figured out powder and would become a good buddy for first tracks for many years.  It was one of the best days of my life.

Itís funny how time flies, and life changes.  Shaina stopped skiing when she was 13 or so to concentrate on dance.  I did encourage this because I didnít want her to hurt a knee skiingÖand it was almost 10 years ago that she was in a horrible car crash that she survived by a miracle.  If you want to see what she is up to these days, you can watch this stream on the 25th (plug from proud dad).
http://tinyurl.com/kqbhssk .

Iíve really enjoyed all the posts on the lists this year.  Iíve had a rough few years, divorce, business problems, and havenít skied so much the two winters before this and itís been great reading all the TRís.  Iíve been out a bit more this winter, but havenít written TRís but have one coming.  Slowly life is getting better, but Iím estranged from the kids which has been tough.  You never know what tomorrow will bring, so get out and ski today, especially with your kids.  Iím glad you took the day off Roger, take a few more.

Mike

Life is worth living.