From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rosenstein, Jennifer L.
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 8:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Google Scholar for grey lit searches

Hi everyone,
I'd like to appeal to the collective wisdom on a question I have.  I provide a lot of support to our DNP students as they're preparing systematic reviews.  Most groups include in their protocols that they plan to search Google Scholar as part of their grey literature search.  Do you find Google Scholar to be a useful source of grey literature?  My experience of Google Scholar is that I only find published articles and books which are likely to be indexed in other sources.  Do you use Google Scholar as part of a comprehensive grey literature search?

Thanks.

Jennifer Rosenstein, MLS, MA
First Year Outreach Services Librarian
Henry Birnbaum Library