On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 11:16:28 -0400, Matt Duffy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>That's funny. Because I spend wayyyy more time editing. Not all at once,
>ever. Half hour at a time is about my threshold unless I get on a roll and
>carry the momentum. But I am getting increasingly picky and particular
>about flow and timing. IDK, just me being OCD. I like doing it. I love it
>actually, so maybe I prolong the act just because

This isn't as odd as you might think, Matt.  I like playing with* photos at least as much as I like taking them.  And I like taking them.  My favorite short story writer, Raymond Carver, said as much as well -- he'd write 50 pages and shape and shape and pare a story down to a couple of pages.  Said he preferred revision to the first draft.  I like that with painting also -- I like the original idea enough -- but even more, I like messing with the shape once the basic composition is there.

*I prefer "playing with" over "editing" -- I think it's more apt.

>On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Dave Bouchard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Matt- my formula and process are pretty predictable and I don't
>> usually spend more than 30 or 40 minutes editing.  I do everything on an
>> iPad.  If I can't get an "enhanced snow report" out within 12 hours the raw
>> footage usually sits or is deleted.

Dave!  Didn't know you still lurked here.

As you are,
justin