Depends where you click on the map. If you go south a little, and over to Stowe, then you get this
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-72.79975&lat=44.54052

Saturday Night
Snow showers, mainly before 9pm. Low around 0. Wind chill values as low as -16. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Sunday
A 30 percent chance of snow showers after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 12. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.




I'm sure if we don't go, it is going to be great. I know it will be great. I'm trying to convince him to go. I've got the jones for it.


On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Matt Duffy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
What forecast are you looking at? Here's an accurate one - http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-72.77416&lat=44.55626 featuring at high of 12F at Sterling Pond. And snowing. After 24 hours of snow. Minus 1 with a wind chill of -30?? What??? No. Not even close.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 11:55 AM, RogerK <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Jfs

And what partee?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 20, 2015, at 11:38 AM, Sharon Heller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Yes, that is what I want to do, but my traveling companion is thinking otherwise. He's now thinking about postponing the whole trip until April, which is fine by me, but we are expecting a litter of puppies, so it all depends on when my bitch whelps and the status of the pups.

Perhaps we'll come out for the Partee instead.

We will make a decision tonight. He can't leave until tomorrow morning anyway.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 11:23 AM, David Guertin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
My one day at Smuggs this year the forecast was calling for howling winds with wind chills in the -25 to -30 range. I went anyway, and when I got there found no wind, sunny skies, and temps in the 20s. IMHO it's a mistake to not ski based on a forecast. If it were me, I'd go anyway and see what it was actually like. And if it's really as bad as that, bundle up, ski places out of the wind, and work hard. And it that doesn't work, there's always the Matterhorn.

Dave G.


On 03/20/2015 09:10 AM, Sharon Heller wrote:
Took a look at the wx fx and it's looking rather brisk.

I may be up near Stowe/Smuggs, but the windchills are forecast to be in the -30s. Actual highs near 1 with 30mph winds.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=44.5399&lon=-72.8089&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical

Considering if it is even worth the cost of the lift ticket.

We are still trying to figure out what to do.

My traveling companion who is championing this trip needs to go to burn his vouchers and visit his brother in Ludlow, so we will likely be there on Saturday. Sunday we were to go north, but the forecast is causing some hesitation with that plan.

Whattya think? Tough it out, or call us Whoses?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.

To unsubscribe, visit http://list.uvm.edu/archives/skivt-l.html


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.

To unsubscribe, visit http://list.uvm.edu/archives/skivt-l.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.

To unsubscribe, visit http://list.uvm.edu/archives/skivt-l.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.

To unsubscribe, visit http://list.uvm.edu/archives/skivt-l.html


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.

To unsubscribe, visit http://list.uvm.edu/archives/skivt-l.html


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.

To unsubscribe, visit http://list.uvm.edu/archives/skivt-l.html