We decided 2 hours prior to departure time last Friday, with the car packed and ready, to bail on skiing at Gore this past weekend and staying home where there would be a better chance of spring conditions. While it did rain in the morning, Saturday's skiing was excellent creamed corn. Sunday it snowed 3" in the high hills and we did a lovely backcountry tour with surprisingly excellent conditions (on what was previously solid crusty coral reef).

Yesterday I took advantage of the warm temps and left work at 3 to ski at Greek Peak which also had supreme spring conditions and sunshine (which was a change from the weekend).

It sure beat driving 4 hours each way to ski on the frozen corduroy tundra.

This weekend we are considering NFC...which to us is northern VT. We may stop at Slokemo to use some 2fers on Saturday, perhaps Smuggs on Sunday (Warren Miller 2fers) and possibly Monday at Stowe, though our friend doesn't want to do Smuggs and may pull us to Stowe on Sunday instead.

We'd love to meet up with some plaidsters to show us their mountain. Don't worry, I won't publish any maps, nor will I even remember how to get to wherever as I have a very poor memory. All I will remember are the powdery turns and beautiful scenery, especially after the requisite safety meeting.