I have been trying for literally months to get Elsevier to respond to my
plea for a quote on some journals (19 of them).  I have submitted requests
for quotes twice online (no response of any kind), called them (the number
on their website for quotes routed me to tech support, tech support took
the info and forwarded it to sales... no response of any kind that way
either; called the now-defunct phone of the sales rep who disappeared a few
months after being assigned to us, called someone else, who routed me to
another sales rep, who actually DID call me back, took my request, and have
heard nothing since.  I have queried reps from other vendors who are
occasionally (ahem) allowed to sell Elsevier content, and THEY can't get
begged her to see if they will talk to her.  My boss wants some numbers by
the end of the week, and I simply do not know what else to do.  Personally,
I would love to tell my clientele that Elsevier simply refuses to sell us
journals and be done with them, but...  If anyone happens to know where the
Elsevier CEO berths his yacht, maybe I should just drive there and wait...

--
Julie Stielstra, MLS
Manager, Libraries of Cadence Health

"Never...be mean in anything; never be false; never be cruel. Avoid those
three vices...and I can always be hopeful of you."  -- Betsy Trotwood to
David Copperfield (Charles Dickens)